Georgia - Your Place of Zen
Choosing a holiday destination can actually be much tougher than it sounds. This is an investment after all so you don’t want to spend a lot of money for an experience that does not align with your expectations.
That’s why I think sharing my experience will guide you through this bittersweet process. Generally when people think of Retreat, Spa & Wellness Holidays, most of them immediately think of a week-long trip to Bali, a summer spin through Peru, or a sun-soaked journey to India. There are others, however, who think outside the box and look for a destination that is more unique; a destination where a person can disappear into a mystical land of wonder, beauty, and history.
There is nothing wrong with leaving the classic destinations behind and trying out something new and exciting; particularly if you want to come home with countless stories that won’t be the same as every other traveler’s tale.
My story starts in Georgia, the gateway between the East and the West, a vibrant nation that bridges the gap between Asia and Europe. I was lucky to discover Georgia with the help of local tour company Zen Travel. This country is a hidden gem of the fascinating Caucasus region with a fabled history that stretches back tens of centuries. From the soaring peaks of Mt. Shkhara to the evergreen forests of Western Georgia, the natural beauty of this nation is on display in any direction you wander.
Given its biodiversity, numerous balneo-climitc resorts, unique properties of its wine and thalasso-therapy as well as abundance of sacred sites, this country is your place of Zen, and the destination for your Mindful Holidays. From ancient ruins to modern luxury, Georgia is truly a cultural and geo-graphic bridge between old and new.
What to expect from retreat holidays in Georgia, you may ask. It all depends on what you want to get out of your trip. One thing is sure: Zen Travel and their amazing team who run retreat, and spa&wellness programs in Georgia will let you experience this wonderful part of the world, give you a real opportunity for growth and relaxation and simply let you enjoy yourself. They believe in healing power of travel and their travel programs reflect their passion. They invite you to discover the beauty of yourself while rediscovering the beauty of Georgia
Alternatively, on a funny note, I can name 5 reasons why you should NOT choose Georgia for your next retreat holidays:
1. You can travel in Georgia visa-free. But whatever. Everyone likes tacky passports
2. New cultures, such as Georgian are often confusing, weird and ultimately, different. Why bother?
3. Georgian people are very hospitable considering that guest is the gift of god. But who cares – you are not here for networking, are you?
4. Nature Overload – You might be waking up to the sound of birds, mountain rivers or squirrels. Sleeping in the forest, playing in the sea, being around wildlife – it’s a relationship between you and the nature taken to the next level. Not everyone is ready for it
5. Everyone back home will hate you when you return, because all you want to talk about is how you fell in love with Georgia
- Created on .